One week in Hungary daily trip reports and photos …
- Day 1 – Arrival at Budapest Airport, collect rental car, apartment check in, Budapest Opera House tour, St Stephens Cathedral, walk around central city area.
- Day 2 – Hungary History Museum, Parliament Building, Danube River walk, Chain Bridge, Buda Castle area, Palace of Arts concert.
- Day 3 (drive) - Visigrad, Esztergom Basilica, St Stephens Cathedral (again), Budapest.
- Day 4 (drive) – Villa Romana Balaca, Lake Balaton, Balatonfured, Tihany Peninsula, opera – Barber of Seville.
- Day 5 (drive) - Eger, Eger Castle, Eger Basilica, Bukk National Park, ballet – The Karamozovs.
- Day 6 (drive) - Budapest Citadel, Pannonhalma Abbey, Gorsium-Tac Roman ruins, Siofok, Citadel and Budapest at night.
- Day 7 (drive, walk) – Budapest, Citadel, Matyas Church (Mathais?), Fisherman’s Bastion, Parliament building tour, Margaret Bridge.
- Day 8 – check out, departure, no sightseeing.